All new customers get dongles without the need to install windows drivers.
Today, the package contains the newly published fiberdesk 6 as a 64 bit version (fd6_x64.exe). Throughout the year, additional features will be added to this new version.
Currently, some new features are:
The Plotter: make customized and beautiful graphics from your results.
A new propagation element: nonlinear optical loop mirror (see tutorial 8):
With this update, all 64 bit versions are updated and the following bugs are removed:
- Parameter variation or simple propagations crashed fiberdesk in an unreproducable way. reason found to be an internal race condition problem. Please report, if such problems still occur.
- Rate equation did not start in parameter variation
- adaptive stepsize control zeros field after initial step
- colorbar fader produced missing color
- odeint crashed rate equation solver unpredictable (library conflict)
- infinite loop at zero propagation length
some improvements have been done:
- parameter variation allows cross referencing of x and y
- forward and backward fields are saved separately in multi-element propagation (and no empty files are saved anymore)